Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thank-yous -- Blake Ross and Google

First, to Firefox Project co-founder Blake Ross. I won a copy of his "Firefox for Dummies" book. I asked it to be sent to my friend Andrew Kleske, the Webmaster at the North County Times. It arrived about two weeks ago, with a nice dedication from Blake himself. One small step toward making the Web more Firefox-friendly. At some point, I'm going to write about how much better Firefox has made my Web experience.

Second, thanks to Google, which has removed the objectionable self-promoting link I mentioned a while ago. We all make mistakes, but correcting them is much rarer.

I might add that so far, my conversion (forced actually), to the new Blogger has gone smoothly. I could not log onto the old Blogger, Google apparently having decided it was my turn. I resisted for as long as I could, knowing that there are often bugs in anything new. And the old Blogger was doing pretty much what I needed it to.

So far, so good.





<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?