Monday, May 01, 2006

Prescience


My not-serious reference yesterday to visiting the yacht club to christen my new boat had some truth in it, after all. My friend and colleague Gary Warth, who has a membership at a yacht club on San Diego Bay, invited me on board for a late afternoon cruise. We took out one of the club's motor/sail boats.

Although it was mostly cloudy, enough sun broke through to highlight just how beautiful San Diego is. Gary did most of the hard work; this landlubber did as best he could with that nautical stuff. But my most notable accomplishments were keeping my head down when the boom swung around and some help with tacking.

It was another day in paradise, although there were no cheeseburgers.
UPDATE: Added photo of me gazing out over the placid waters of America's Finest Enron-By-The-Sea.





<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?